Sunday, September 28, 2008

goats

Another hilarious thing about living here is that you can be speeding down a busy highway,like between Nazareth and Haifa as we were today,and suddenly the road will be blocked by a huge herd of goats plus goatherd!!!!! The kids of course LOVE it....but it really is bizarre.....you are in a 21st century car in a modern ,VERY Americanized country and suddenly you are surrounded by bleating goats.You feel like you just stepped back in time oohh..I dunno...say 2000 years.......honestly you half expect Jesus and his disciples to come walking around the corner.........these things I will never get used to here!!!!!!!..............

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you left comments on my blog recently and I look forward to getting better acquainted with you :-)

Anonymous said...

We've had something similar happen to us in Scotland with highland cattle ;)

We actually have a herd of goats here on our street. This guy keeps them for the milk and he makes specialty organic cheese with it. He never takes them on the road though, plenty of room in the fields right behind our street.

Suburban Correspondent said...

Hey, I'm curious to hear your reaction to this news.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Melissa. Your post on the goats had me laughing. Usually I just encounter herds of orange construction barricades on our roads! Thank you for your comments on my blog. I finally had a chance to visit yours -- I'm so glad I did. I am looking forward to learning more about your lifestyle in Nazareth!

Anonymous said...

well.....as i have mentioned before,I really try not to bring religion or politics into my blog,I really try to understand both sides and the whole situation going way back to 1948 and pre-1948 really is a tragedy for both sides...my only hope is for peace and reconciliation for future generations and I really try to instill that in my children......