Monday, September 8, 2008

skipping ropes.........

just a while ago my 2 sons got out these two skipping ropes and were giving me a demonstration......both were competing with eachother of course as to who was the fastest.You know it was really making me laugh so much.Usually I would tell them to stop it and hurry them off to bed.....but this time I actually stopped for a second and thought to myself, No......I'm just going to enjoy this in the moment...and we had so much fun! Of course then the girls had to join in as well.Their excited little faces as they were jumping up and down were just making me laugh so much.So many times I see my kids doing things and it takes me back to when i was a kid and i remember doing exactly the same things and having the same excited feelings.Then my husband walked in and his face lit up and he remembered how HE used to be good at skipping! Then he attempted to give us a demonstration....all 125kg of him!! well.......that was even more hilarious.........

1 comment:

Robin said...

That must have been quite a sight indeed. Good for you for being the "fun mom" and going with the moment instead of shuttling them off to bed.

I hope this means you're feeling better, too.