Sunday, September 21, 2008

sunday..........

We actually made it to church today!!!We've missed alot over the summer what with one thing and another.I feel bad if we miss it coz the kids really enjoy it.I usually take the 4 older ones and leave my toddler and baby at home with Baba!!!Needless to say he is not a church goer!!! I was brought up a Catholic but I always hated the rigidity of the Catholic church.....of course it may have changed now I have no idea....but anyway ......here we go to the local Baptist church....i was introduced to it by one of my friends here.When I first went I was really surprised at how diferent it was to Catholic Mass.There was no formal Liturgy but informal prayer and one long sermon by different preachers each week.They have alot of visitors from overseas so there really is an interesting variety of styles and it's great if it's in English as the Arabic can be a bit difficult to understand sometimes and listening to the translation through earphones can be a bit annoying!!! Anyway...I really enjoy the informal atmosphere of the church and the feeling that anyone is accepted.The hymns are also really beautiful..........Later in the afternoon I decided to take 5 children to macdonalds, baby stayed at home with Baba again! I'm constantly amazed at how much 9 and 10 year old boys can eat....sometimes my 9 year old stuffs his face so much that he ends up throwing up!! My toddler Isabel had a hissy fit in the middle of macd's and knocked a tray of cola and fries all over the floor...thank-you,great....so as I'm shuffling about the floor on all fours she starts screaming and whining at the top of her lungs.....through gritted teeth i said to my son "GET HER OUT OF HERE!!!!!"....hhhhmmmmmmm ,toddlers are tough.People always say that teenagers are the most difficult to deal with (I haven't had the pleasure yet!!) but I'd rather have a teenager that didn't speak to me than a completely irrational,moody unreasonable toddler...aaaaaggghhhhhhhh!...........

3 comments:

Robin said...

You took FIVE children out to eat? Alone? You are a brave, brave woman.

Anonymous said...

yeah....but you know I'm used to it by now!!!.......

Suburban Correspondent said...

Teens are large toddlers - and not nearly as cute.